Thrive Postpartum Initiative
Why it is Important to Thrive Postpartum
If you have given birth, you will be experiencing tremendous physical changes during the postpartum period. Most new parents also experience intense and wide-ranging emotions. With better physical and emotional health, you are better able to support your new baby.
Postpartum is a time of recovery, adaptation, and change. You will be more resilient for the inevitable physical changes and challenges.
Parenting is both challenging and rewarding. You will be more resilient for the inevitable emotional changes and challenges.
“We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” Laura Stavoe Harm
With the Thrive Postpartum challenge you will learn to:
Take care of your own health as you recover after the birth of your baby
Lead a healthy lifestyle as you adjust to life as a parent
Consume healthy foods, beverages, and vitamins to support recovery and breastfeeding
Create a plan for your transition back to work if applicable
“My goal is to appreciate my body for what it has done.” Sia Cooper
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Thrive Postpartum Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to nurture your baby and yourself during the postpartum period.
1. Click here to access and print the Thrive Postpartum Challenge.
2. Record the days you acted on medical, lifestyle, nutrition, and back-to-work activities on the Thrive Postpartum Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Postpartum Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.