Travel Well Initiative
Move More with Lifestyle Activity
44% of travelers are more likely to eat unhealthy food.
More than half of all travelers report being less active away from home.
89% of travelers get stressed about planning a family vacation.
36% of travelers regularly struggle to sleep on the road.
Because travel can take you out of your wellness routine, it’s important to be creative and flexible so that you can continue to eat, exercise, manage stress, and sleep in healthy ways when you are out of town.
“Travel tends to magnify all human emotions” Peter Hoeg
Making a choice to Travel Well is a conscious choice that has helped many people maintain their health and be happier when on the go. A happy and healthy trip begins with a good plan. Your travel plans involve choices about your method of travel, what foods are available while traveling and at your destination, and how to incorporate activity, manage stress, and sleep well when on the road.
With the Travel Well Exhibit & Challenge you will learn to:
Find and choose healthy foods and beverages when traveling
Keep physically active while on the go
Manage stress when traveling
Improve your sleep when you’re not at home
“No matter where you go, there you are.” Buckaroo Banzai
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Travel Well Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to manage wellness on the go.
1. Click here to access and print the 4-week Travel Well Challenge.
2. Record the days you incorporated wellness practices when traveling on the Travel Well Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Travel Well Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.