Many of us feel guilty taking even 15 minutes of personal time. This special time is vital to keep yourself mentally and physically healthy. It means a happier you and a more productive life.
50% of adults report having no close friends outside of the family.
Adults who reported leisure activities 3 days a week were 35% less stressed and 18% less sad.
Work performance was improved by 15%-30% in people with creative interests or hobbies.
Richard Branson kite boards regularly.
Warren Buffet plays the ukulele.
Bill Gates plays online bridge often against Warren Buffet.
Even small amounts of regular exercise can reduce the likelihood of developing depression or an anxiety disorder over 5 years.
When we get caught up in the whirlwind of life and forget about ourselves, life can become a chore and the joy disappears. Additionally, a lack of personal time can lead to feeling overwhelmed, create relationship problems, and even physical illness.
“Time is precious. Waste it wisely.” Anonymous
Making a choice to find Time-for-Me is a conscious choice that has helped many people reduce stress, improve relationships, and lead happier and more productive lives. Personal time is important to help you recharge. You will be more productive at home and at work.
With the Time-for-Me Challenge you will find discover many ways to find a few minutes to focus on the little “me” in TI[me].
Connect with important people in your life.
Enjoy activities that are FUN for you.
Relax for 15 minutes and recharge.
Take time for physical activity to reduces stress.
“15 minutes of ‘Me Time’ is a daily investment that pays off BIG!” Anonymous
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Time-for-Me Virtual Exhibit and explore how to spend your 15 minutes of "Me Time" daily.
1. Click here to access and print the 4-week Time-for-Me Challenge.
2. Record the days have incorporated Time-for-Me stress management activities on the Time-for-Me Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Time-for-Me Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.