Preparing for Pregnancy Initiative
Why Prepare for Pregnancy?
Readies your body and mind for pregnancy
Healthy lifestyles are linked to improved fertility
Healthy lifestyles are linked to positive pregnancy outcomes
Leads to improved health for parents and children
Nutrition and fertility are linked for men and women
“Parenting begins the moment you make any conscious effort to care for your own health in preparation for enhancing your child’s conception.” Carista Luminare-Rosen
Making a choice to lay the foundation for a healthy pregnancy and future child is a conscious one that prepares your body and mind several months before attempting to conceive.
With the Preparing for Pregnancy challenge you will learn to:
Evaluate your overall lifestyle and make changes to enhance fertility and health
Consume healthy foods and beverages and take supplements to support fertility
Work with your healthcare team to manage your health and medical conditions
Minimize your exposure to environmental toxins and chemicals
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Antoine De Saint-Exupery
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Preparing for Pregnancy Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to prepare your body and mind for pregnancy.
1. Click here to access and print the Preparing for Pregnancy Challenge.
2. Record the days you acted on lifestyle, nutrition, medical and environmental considerations on the Preparing for Pregnancy Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Preparing for Pregnancy Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.