Choose Well Initiative
Choose Well. Buy Well. Eat Well.
61% of food purchased in grocery stores is highly processed.
68% of processed foods have added sugar.
There are 68 names for added sugar.
70% of sodium in the diet comes from processed foods & restaurant foods.
Items bought from bulk bins are typically 15%-20% less expensive.
There are 191 herbs & spices. Salt is a mineral.
There are 2 times as many fast-food restaurants than there were in 1970.
“Healthy eating is a journey that begins at the grocery store.” Anonymous
Healthy eating is a key building block that supports your health and well-being. Don’t outsource your food decisions to packaged food and beverage companies, fast-food outlets, and restaurants. Their objective is to sell more of their products. Your objective is to make healthy food choices that will help you stay healthy, prevent or reverse disease, and maintain a healthy weight.
With the Choose Well Exhibit & Challenge you will learn to:
Fill your home with whole foods and remove processed food to create a healthy food environment.
Shop well for healthy ingredients so you can fill your home with healthy food.
Use herbs, spices, broth, juice, and wine to add healthy flavor to your food.
Make healthy food choices at restaurants, work, parties, and potlucks.
“Food is an important part of a balanced diet” Fran Liebowitz
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Choose Well Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to make healthy choices in your home, at the store, when eating out, and when seasoning.
1. Click here to access and print the 4-week Choose Well Challenge.
2. Record the days you tried new strategies to choose healthy food and ingredients on the Choose Well Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Choose Well Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.