Balance Well Initiative
Why Eat Real Food
Whole food is food in its natural state and unprocessed, and is real food
Real food is loaded with important nutrients, contains no added sugar, is high in fiber, and is naturally low in sodium.
Real food helps keep blood sugar stable.
Eating real food helps reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and metabolic syndrome.
Real food contains antioxidants to fight free radicals that can damage your body’s cells.
Real food makes you feel better!
“The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” Ann Wigmore
Making a choice to eat real food isn’t a diet. It’s a conscious lifestyle choice that has helped many people improve their health, feel better, and maintain or lose weight. You are what you eat…so don’t be fast, cheap, easy, or fake.
With the Balance Well Exhibit & Challenge you will learn to:
Create healthy breakfasts using the Breakfast Trio
Enjoy healthy lunches using the 4 Quadrant Healthy Plate Model
Build healthy dinners using the 4 Quadrant Healthy Plate Model
Use the Snack Duo to create snacks without wrappers
“Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food” Jamie Oliver
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Balance Well Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to improve your eating for better health.
1. Click here to access and print the 4-week Balance Well Challenge.
2. Record the days you balanced your meals and snacks with real food on the Balance Well Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Balance Well Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.