Meet the Guidelines Initiative
Learn the Guidelines for Regular Structured Exercise
30 minutes/5 times/week of moderate activity OR 25 minutes/3 times/week of vigorous activity
2 or more days a week working all major muscle groups
2 to 3 days a week (hold 10-30 seconds on both sides)
2 or more days a week
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn
Making a choice to exercise regularly is a conscious decision to support your body. Our bodies were meant to move – they actually crave exercise. Meeting the science-based guidelines in the Meet the Guidelines Challenge will support or improve our health and well-being.
Top 10 Reasons for Exercise – that have nothing to do with losing weight
Improve your memory
Have better posture
Boost your confidence
Have more energy
Improve your mood
Get sick less often
"Those who think they don’t have time for exercise will have to find time for illness." Earl of Derby
1. Click here to access and print the "Passport" as a guide to your Virtual Exhibit.
2. Click here for the Meet the Guidelines Virtual Exhibit and learn why and how to meet the guidelines for structured exercise.
1. Click here to access and print the 4-week Meet the Guidelines Challenge.
2. Record the days you incorporated structured exercise on the Meet the Guidelines Challenge Sheet.
1. Click here to view articles, videos, tools, and inspiration to succeed in the Meet the Guidelines Challenge.
2. Access these support resources on the employee well-being portal.